Former Judge Says POTUS Donald Trump May Not ‘Overcome’ His Foes With Just Tweets
Following U.S. President Donald Trump's week packed with controversy, former judge and Fox News analyst Andrew Napolitano warned that the American leader might not survive another week of the same weight with just tweets against his oppressors.
In his account of Trump's experiences in the prior week, Napolitano said if the U.S. president undergoes the same or similar circumstances again in the future, he may not survive if he does not step up his game.
"The president has serious and powerful tormentors whom he cannot overcome by mockery alone. He needs to do more than demean them with acerbic tweets, because many of those tormentors can legally cause him real harm," Napolitano said.
While the former judge believes that Trump can get through multiple problems, Napolitano stressed that "another week like the last one" may be too much for the American chief.
Napolitano detailed how Trump failed to strike a disarmament deal with North Korea's Kim Jong Un. The commentator also noted that Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, accused the business mogul of various crimes within the same week.
Furthermore, Trump's national emergency declaration did not receive as much support as he expected from the U.S. House of Representatives. Finally, the president's two sons and other entities and individuals close to Trump have received document requests from Democrats over potential corruption and overuse of authority.
AOL News noted that the U.S. president has regularly received warnings from Napolitano. The latter has also offered recommendations and feedback for Trump to find enlightenment from.
Napolitano reiterated earlier this year that Trump touched "dangerous waters" when he threatened to declare a national emergency stemming from his planned border wall. It is unclear how last week's loopholes could affect the U.S. government's action plans for the coming months.
Meanwhile, some economists are not too optimistic about Trump's federal budget 2020 presentation on Monday. According to Reuters, it is likely that Congress will reject the president's proposal as some government officials have started taking the budget process less seriously.
"It has seemed to me that budget day ain't what it used to be," Robert Bixby, a Concord Coalition member who used to spend time looking over the fiscal budget for over 25 years, said.
"I think it feels like a bit of a kabuki theater at this point," President of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, Maya MacGuineas said, seemingly echoing predictions that this year's budget process will be just as stagnant as last year's discussions.