Microsoft Announces 13 New Indie Games For the Xbox One And PC
Microsoft has announced that 13 more indie games are coming over to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco this year. This means that the ID@Xbox team will be taking a total of 30 new titles to show to the whole GDC crowd.
ID@Xbox, Microsoft's indie-focused department, will be at the Microsoft Booth at the GDC from March 18-22, 2019, GameSpot reported. They will showcase all 30 games, including 13 newly announced titles from different indie game developers.
Below is a quick overview of each new indie title.
- "Beholder 2" puts players in the shoes of a newly employed officer of a totalitarian State, trying to make his way to become the Prime Minister someday.
- "Boomerang Fu" is a physics-based game where players take the role of different food trying to slice each other using boomerangs.
- "CrossCode" is a 2D action RPG that combines 16-bit graphics with modern-day physics, combat systems, and game mechanics.
- "Dead Static Drive" sends players driving to survive hostile elements in a fictional U.S.A. world.
- "Door Kickers: Action Squad" is an old-school sidescroller that combines strategy and tactics-based gameplay with SWAT-style action. Has single- and multiplayer co-op modes.
- "HyperDot" is a minimalist action game that requires players to dodge everything quickly in order to survive.
- "Mowin' & Throwin'" puts players in the role of lawn gnomes bent on destroying the neighbor's yard.
- "StarCrossed" is an action arcade game where players join a cast of five characters in a quest to defeat an evil threat to the galaxy.
- "Stela" is an atmospheric platformer that puts players in the shoes of a young woman who witnesses the end of an ancient world.
- "The Forgotten City" challenges players to break an endless cycle of death by exploiting a time loop. A re-imagining of a famous mod for the Xbox One and PC.
- "Totem Teller" puts players on a search for stories, lost folklore and broken places, all in a quest for inspiration.
- "UnderMine" is a roguelike game that puts players in the shoes of a peasant doing his best to rescue his friends from traps and monsters, along the way to make it out of a mine alive.
- "Unrailed!" is a multiplayer coop game where players must work together to keep their train running in an endless world filled with living inhabitants.
All of these titles, along with the other 17, are listed at the Xbox Blog. While all will be released for the Xbox One, only a few will be released for the PC.