Pastebin Poster Leaks PlayStation 5 Price Tag

The Sony Playstation logo is seen at the Paris Games Week (PGW), a trade fair for video games in Paris
The Sony Playstation logo is seen at the Paris Games Week (PGW), a trade fair for video games in Paris, France, October 25, 2018. (Photo: REUTERS/Benoit Tessier)

The gaming community is setting their crosshairs to Sony and anticipating their every move. The stealthy tactic is, of course, in line with the launching of the PlayStation 5. While Sony has yet to announce the real deal, rumors and speculations about a possible 2020 arrival are coming in a dime a dozen.

Previous reports from numerous sources point to Sony opening a three-year window to launch the next-generation console. There are also the proverbial exclusive games that will tag along the PlayStation 5, as well as its potential 8K capabilities and wireless VR support. They're all juicy and good to hear, but it draws a line at some point. As long as Sony has nothing official to say, these will all be just chunks that feed the rumor mill.

Another aspect of the PlayStation 5 that still needs to be cleared is its sticker price. One site's recent post says that when the time comes for its release, the PS 5 won't be "cheap." But it goes without saying that Sony might have put everything - including the kitchen sink - on the PlayStation 5 and thereby, making the rumored $499 price tag a tad sensible. It's not the most affordable console in the market yes, and it is $100 more than the PS4, but what users will own can alter the course of their gaming experience, or career if they're going the extra mile.

Comic Book's source came by way of "A Guest" on Pastebin. Whoever posted it claims to be a small, third-party developer from EU and, for the past 8 months, has been helping a "well known" company in developing an AAA game for the PlayStation 5. What the posted jotted next are the core pieces that PlayStation 5 followers have been using to fuel their excitement.

The poster shared what he said to be "99%" correct, but held the remaining 1% as a leeway for "small incremental hardware change" Sony will give the PlayStation 5 en route to its 2020 release. Among others, it said that the PS5 will be backwards compatible and that there's going to be a small reveal in Q2. The console will be released either on March or November 2020, but it's "not yet finalized."

The anonymous Pastebin posted also added the PlayStation 5's specs, including the alleged   8k upscaling, 8-core, 7nm Ryzen CPU with 16 threads and 7nm Navi architecture. In other words, the PlayStation 5 is going to be "powerful and power efficient."

Game titles, meanwhile will include Battlefield 3 Bad Company, Harry Potter, Assassin's Creed and Horizon 2 which is scheduled for 2021. It also indicated the aforementioned price of $499, but will sell with a $100 loss per console in the beginning. 

© 2019 Business Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Loading...
Sign Up for Newsletters and Alerts