Ren Zhengfei
Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei attends a panel discussion at the company headquarters in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, China June 17, 2019. (Photo: REUTERS/Aly Song)

Huawei's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Ren Zhengfei spoke for the first time regarding the allegations against his company and his daughter, Meng Wanzhou. He called on the U.S. government to unveil evidence to the public for clarity.

In an interview with CNBC on Wednesday, Ren said if the U.S. reveals facts to the public regarding Meng's case and the accusations against China's leading tech company, the "case will be very clear."

Multiple analysts noted that no evidence has been revealed yet about the accusations regarding Meng allegedly violating White House sanctions on Iran. Meng is Huawei's Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and was arrested in Vancouver, Canada in December.

Meng remains under house arrest in Canada and is fighting against getting extradited to the United States. She is faced with charges of bank and wire fraud but Ren revealed that banks involved in the case "have full knowledge" of the Chinese tech giant's business activities.

Meng dismissed the allegations against her amid escalating disputes between China and Canada following the Huawei CFO's arrest. When asked about the tension between Beijing and Ottawa, Ren said he is busy with trying to get the company back on track, especially after the firm was blacklisted by the White House.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg reported that the court handling accusations against Huawei and Meng imposed restrictions last week on who can review evidence revolving around the case.

Former U.S. Justice Department National Security Lawyer Ryan Fayhee told the outlet that evidence indicated that Huawei and the Chinese government had a "deep and close connection." The company previously denied allegations that it was performing spying tasks for Beijing.

Many industry analysts and legal experts have questioned why Washington refuses to unveil evidence or at least present grounds for a fair trial for Huawei and Meng. The company's prosecution has been trying to push the U.S. government to create a balance in terms of rules regarding evidence.

Aside from refusing to disclose evidence, the White House also said Meng will be restricted from accessing evidence related to the case. A separate order for Meng to check the evidence presented by the U.S. has to be discussed with her lawyers.

Despite the criminal case against Huawei and its CFO, the company has received support from its partner firms in the U.S. Multiple reports emerged over the weekend, stating that American chipmakers secretly rallied to convince the government to ease the blacklisting.

Ren said on Monday that the ordeal Huawei is going through could result in losses amounting to $30 billion. He said recovery may be felt sometime around 2021 is not lifted soon.