Lee Min Ho
"I'd like to come back healthy and make them (fans) happy again with a great project," Lee Min Ho said. (Photo: Cheon Fong Liew/Flickr | Cropped)

Lee Min Ho is, undeniably, one of the most sought-after actors of his generation. As  a matter of fact, the 32-year-old South Korean superstar has appeared in many successful projects already, which also cemented him as one of the most bankable stars in Asia. Now, many fans are wondering if the former boyfriend of Suzy Bae would reunite with Park Shin Hye in The Heirs 2.

Rumors about the possible reunion of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye have been making rounds for quite some time already. The undeniable success of the 2013-series had fans speculating for another installment. Speculations about The Heirs 2 intensified after Suzy Bae's ex-boyfriend teased a "mysterious big project" before he started his mandatory military services in 2017.

For starters, The Heirs centers on the young and rich heir named Kim Tan, who was portrayed by Lee Min Ho, and a girl named Cha Eun Sang, who was played by Park Shin Hye. The two met in the United States. However, they got separated after Eun Sang returned to South Korea.

The character of Lee Min Ho, then, felt empty after Park Shin Hye's Cha Eun Sang decided to go home. Kim Tan decided to return to South Korea even if his stepbrother Won, who is portrayed by Choi Jin Hyuk, opposed his return. In the end, Kim Tan found out that Cha Eun Sang is the daughter of their housekeeper.

While a lot of fans keep on insisting that having another installment is necessary to continue the story of Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang, Park Shin Hye already debunked the rumors. The 29-year-old actress even stated that The Heirs 2 could be just a product of fans' imagination. The former leading lady of Lee Min Ho added that no official announcement has been made about the rumored second installment.

Despite this, avid followers of Lee Min Ho would be seeing him, again, in small screens through the upcoming The King: The Eternal Monarch series. In fact, he shared one major update about the imminent television show via an Instagram Live session last month.

"The script is out already. We're going to start filming soon, and the earliest we might begin filming is in September," Lee Min Ho said. "The drama is scheduled to begin airing in March. I'm going to become the king of romance, so look forward to it. I'm going to work hard to make sure I make you happy," the Boys Over Flowers star went on.

On August 19, Lee Min Ho shared a photo of him reading something. This sparked speculations that the ex-boyfriend of Suzy Bae might have started working on his new television series already. However, the actor has not confirmed the official start of the filming process as of yet.

It has been two years since Lee Min Ho was last seen on small screens. His last television project was The Legend of the Blue Sea, which also featured Jun Ji Hyun, Shin Won Ho, Shin Hye Sun, and Lee Hee Joon, among others.

The King: The Eternal Monarch, which also stars Kim Go Eun, Woo Do  Hwan, and Jung Eun Chaeis scheduled to premiere in 2020. Stay tuned to Business Times for the latest news and updates about Lee Min Ho!